Modern and contemporary garden decking
Garden decking is a great method of creating an attractive new sitting area anywhere in the garden and one of the easiest ways of transforming an existing garden or revamping an old patio. They are are marvellously flexible structures that can be located to suit you, your family and the property you live in.
You could create an island deck in a sunny corner or as a staging post part-way down your garden, or install an impressive centerpiece feature deck, complete with pergola that will add height and interest to the garden scene.
Whether you want to enjoy your deck in a sunny open site, have it as a garden island a combined balcony and veranda, or in an intimate, shady spot – it’s up to you.
If you are ready to discuss your decking requirements now please do not hesitate to get in touch.
In order to get the most benefit from your deck you should some thought to where you should have it installed.
Things to consider include:
- Will the deck get the sun at times of the day when I will be using it?
- Will I be shaded from the sun in mid-summer?
- Will people in adjacent buildings invade my privacy and will trees drop their leaves on my deck?
- Will adjacent trees or buildings block the sun from my deck?
- Will I be protected from strong winds?
- Can I see and hear my children when they’re on the deck?
Whether used for relaxing, entertaining, dining or as a play-area for children, decks are superbly versatile and can create an aesthetic extension to the home.
Proven methods include using ribbed or grooved boards instead of smooth ones. You can also choose wide deck boards with a wide gap between each of the individual boards to permit adequate water drainage from the surface of the decking.